Monday, 29 September 2014

'Hare' series linocuts on paperclay


People who came to the 'Illusions' exhibition at Inner City Clayworkers in March would have seen linocut hares printed onto my very fine bonechina paperclay sheets.

These linocuts are from Netherlands printmaker and mixed media artist Ilse Versluijs who spent 3 months last August as a resident of the Armory Art Studios in Sydney Olympic Park where I have my studio space.

Ilse has a wonderfully energetic and spontaneous lino cutting style and allowed me to experiment with the 'Hare' series of linos I fell in love with. I have a large, prized lino of vines Ilse has loaned me waiting to be made into an illuminated lamp series....much experimentation needed but results to be posted asap.

Ilse's work can be found at: www.facebook.com/ilse.versluijs.3
 











No comments:

Post a Comment