Sunday 23 September 2012

Port Hacking Potters 47th Competition 2012


Have been anxious about it for a couple of weeks now....the idea of entering a piece into an arts competition and finding out how people, and judges!, would respond to something that is 100% my own inspiration

So, last Thursday 20th, jumped in and entered one of my ceramic pieces in the Port Hacking Potters 47th National  Pottery Competition and OMG!!! I won my category!  
I was quite shocked for a few minutes there.

I entered one of my really fine porcelain/fibreglass/paperclay small 'object' pieces and the judge Greg Daly (yes, he of the very lush glazed and gold/silver foil bowls) said some lovely things while handing me a $250 materials voucher and shaking my hand.
How wonderful is that! 

Very surprised, very delighted, bit spaced out.....really does show how the unexpected can happen if we just take a chance!




No comments:

Post a Comment